I love salad.
Cabbage salads. Lettuce. Anything that resembles rabbit food.
I like the sweet salads too. But the green kind are more my style.
Give me all the salads!
The first time I tried this salad was when my Aunt brought it to a family dinner a lot of years ago. I dug right in and it has been one of my favorites since. I have changed it up a bit from the recipe I received from her. And sometimes if I want it to be a main dish, I will add cooked chicken to it.
What is your favorite salad?
Chinese Cabbage Salad
- 1 head cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- 2 packages chicken flavored ramen noodles, crushed (reserve seasoning for dressing)
- 1 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 lg carrots, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 packages reserved ramen noodle seasoning
- Place the cabbage, carrots, onions, sunflowers seeds and crushed ramen noodles in a large serving bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whish together all dressing ingredients and pour over salad mixture. Refrigerate several hours before serving.