I love a good cookie.
And after working so hard for over a month to avoid carbs, well…. it was time for a cookie!
I have to be honest. I’d prefer a plain chocolate chip cookie most days but for some reason, I wanted to try something different.
I was thinking bar cookies would be my best bet, but when I came across this recipe I decided to try it instead.
Of course I doubled it because I think it’s crazy to make a batch of cookies so small that they’re gone within hours. I’d really prefer they hang around for awhile.
These cookies are delicious! They are so chewy on the inside with just the right amount of crunch on the outside.
Now, to get back to the low carbs…
After I have one more cookie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter (I used creamy but you could use crunchy as well)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pkg Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat til fluffy.
- Add flour, soda and salt and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop on ungreased cookie sheet with cookie scoop, flatten a bit with your hand, bake approximately 13 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
This makes 8 dz. Can half the batch for 4 dz cookies.
recipe found on and adapted from The Baking Chocolatess .